November 26, 2011

Contrasting artistic nudes


The painting on the left by Chinese artist Liu Yingzhao was contained within my album of 22 images in my OP on censorship (the first #occupygpluscensorship post). The image was quickly flagged and subsequently restricted from view by Google. However, after appealing for a review, the image was reinstated...although it took awhile. Then flagged again, appealed and reinstated again. Currently, it is still available (here) as one of 14 you are allowed to see out of the original 22 images.

The painting on the right by Di Lifeng, also a Chinese artist, has been banned – permanently. And by that I mean that my appeal was rejected. For the life of me, I wish I could discern any major difference between the two. Then, I could understand, if not agree. The best I can come up with is that Di's nude on the right is more, well, frontal in its depiction of nipples.

What do you think?

If you prefer uncensored art, please consider "signing" the Occupy Gplus Censorship (OGC) petition here. You can also +1 the petition on the OGC Page here.


No comments: